Our Home Design process
Getting Started – 1 Week
Building your new home is exciting, especially when you understand how the process works. We’ll begin with a meeting to review your ideas and plans.
- Contract with all structural options
- Choose design selections
- Purchase orders issued
- Clear and/or rough grading of homesite
- Buyer conference / Pre-construction meeting
A Solid Foundation – 1-2 Weeks
The foundation is a critical element of the building process, and it must be done correctly to prevent problems further down the road. Inspections from the county building department and a licensed engineer are required at this stage.
- Excavate, set forms, install rebar and pour foundation
- Pour garage floor
Framework – 2-3 Weeks
The walls, floors and roof systems are completed, often referred to as the “shell.”
- Frame walls, floors and roof
- Windows and exterior doors installed
- Roof shingles installed
Mechanical 2-3 Weeks
After the shell of the house is complete, we can begin adding in the first part of the home mechanics. Multiple county inspections are required at this stage.
- Rough mechanicals: heating, AC, plumbing and electrical
- Install exterior siding and trim
Interior Details – 3-4 Weeks
These interior details play a key role in significantly improving a home’s energy efficiency. One county inspection is required at this stage.
- Insulation and sealant package completed
- Drywall installed
- Flooring installed
- Cabinets and countertops installed
- Interior trim and doors installed
- Exterior and interior painting completed
Installation – 3-4 Weeks
Time to bring to bring this house to life and install everything from appliances to bathroom fixtures. Three county inspections are required at this stage
- Final Mechanical installed: HVAC, plumbing and electric
- All fixtures installed
- Appliances installed
- Capet, tile and wood floors intsalled
Finishing Touches – 2-3 Weeks
Your home is almost ready! Let’s take a final walk through and knock out the final check list so you can move in.
- Final punch list
- House thoroughly cleaned
- Walk through orientation (approx. 1 week prior to closing)
- Final walk through
- Closing on the house
Congratulations! From our family to yours, we hope that this home becomes a safe retreat that is filled with happy, unforgettable memories. Enjoy.